If you are taking part in the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile, or any other activity for Sport Relief, please remember to:
- Prepare and train properly for your activity.
- Warm up and cool down properly before and after an event.
- Seek medical advice if you have any doubts about your ability to take part in any activity.
- Take particular care if you are undertaking intensive physicalactivity of a type, or at a level, which is new to you.
- Always be aware of the safety of other competitors, spectators and the general public.
- If you’re planning on taking part in an ‘extreme’ sporting activity, consider whether you need professional instructors or guides to help you.
- Flagship Miles are organised by Comic Relief, other Miles are organised independently by local organisations in support of Sports Relief
By taking part in the Mile you agree that:
- your name and any image of you taken during the event may be used in any publicity and promotional materials for Comic Relief, and in any TV and other media coverage of the event,
- your entry fees are non-refundable, and
- Comic Relief does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage, or for any death or personal injury, arising out of participation in the Mile, including liability as a result of negligence (except death or personal injury caused by Comic Relief’s negligence).
The following rules and guidelines apply to children (under 16) who wish to take part in the Mile
- Children must have their parent or guardian’s permission to enter.
- If you are under 16, please ask your parent or guardian to complete the Mile registration process for you.
- If you are registering someone under 16, you must be their parent or guardian, or their parent or guardian must have given permission for their child to enter and have confirmed that they have read this page and the declaration at the end of the Mile registration process.